Species in the Wilson's Promontory Virtual Herbarium are arranged in this sunburst diagram according to their classification ⓘ This classification represents current knowledge of plant relationships and follows the system presented by the Angiosperm Phylogeny Group (see APG website). This classification is hierarchical; the family is the highest rank shown here, each family may contain one to many genera (singular genus), and each genus may contain one to many species.
Navigating the sunburst diagram
- Each species in the WPVH is represented by a distinct colour band in the outer multicoloured circle in the sunburst.
The classification can be navigated by hovering over or clicking on
the coloured bands in the nested circles
- familial diversity is explored via the colour bands in the smallest multicolured circle, including the number of genera and species in that family in the WPVH
- generic diversity is explored via the colour bands in the second largest multicolured circle, including the number of species in that genus in the WPVH
- species diversity is explored by hovering over or clicking on the colour bands in the largest multicolured circle
- Clicking on the colour bands in the family or genus circles generates a sunburst diagram of diversity within that family or genus.
- Return to the full sunburst (including all species) by clicking on the central circle.